Welcome to Couples for Christ - Foundation for Family and Life East Contra Costa

The CFC Foundation for Family & Life is a gathering of concerned CFC brethren looking to the restoration, preservation and strengthening of the authentic Couples for Christ charism, focused on evangelization and family life renewal.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Daily Gospel

«Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.» John 6,68


Thursday, 24 April 2008

Thursday of the Fifth week of Easter


Today the Church celebrates : St. Fidelis of Sigmaringen

Saint Anselm : "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete"


Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 15,9-11.

As the Father loves me, so I also love you. Remain in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete.


Commentary of the day :

Saint Anselm (1933-1109), monk, Archbishop, Doctor of the Church
Proslogion, 26

"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete"


My God, I pray that I may so know you and love you
that I may rejoice in you.
And if I may not do so fully in this life,
let me go steadily on to the day when I come to that fullness.
Let the knowledge of you increase in me here, and there let it come to its fullness.
Let your love grow in me here, and there let it be fulfilled,
so that here my joy may be in a great hope,
and there in full reality.

Lord, you have commanded, or rather advised us,
to ask by your Son,
and you have promised that we shall receive «that our joy may be full» (Jn 16,24).
That which you counsel through our «wonderful counsellor» (Is 9,5)
is what I am asking for, Lord.
Let me receive that which you promised through your truth,
«that my joy may be full».
God of truth, I ask that I may receive,
so that my joy may be full.

Meanwhile, let my mind meditate on it,
let my tongue speak of it,
let my heart love it,
let my mouth preach it,
let my soul hunger for it, my flesh thirst for it,
and my whole being desire it,
until I enter the joy of my Lord (Mt 25,21),
who is God, one and triune, blessed forever. Amen.

No comments: