Welcome to Couples for Christ - Foundation for Family and Life East Contra Costa

The CFC Foundation for Family & Life is a gathering of concerned CFC brethren looking to the restoration, preservation and strengthening of the authentic Couples for Christ charism, focused on evangelization and family life renewal.

Monday, April 28, 2008

The Daily Gospel

Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.» John 6,68

Tuesday, 29 April 2008


Tuesday of the Sixth week of Easter


Today the Church celebrates : St Catherine of Siena

Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross [Edith Stein] : "It is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you"


Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 16,5-11.

But now I am going to the one who sent me, and not one of you asks me, 'Where are you going?' But because I told you this, grief has filled your hearts. But I tell you the truth, it is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you. And when he comes he will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and condemnation: sin, because they do not believe in me; righteousness, because I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; condemnation, because the ruler of this world has been condemned. Coming of the Advocate



Commentary of the day :

Saint Teresa Benedicta of the Cross [Edith Stein] (1891-1942), Carmelite, martyr, co-patron of Europe
From a Pentecost Novena, 1937 (©ICS publications)


"It is better for you that I go. For if I do not go, the Advocate will not come to you"


Who are you, sweet light, that fills me
And illumines the darkness of my heart?...
Are you the master who builds the eternal, cathedral,
Which towers from the earth through the heavens?
Animated by you, the pillars are raised high
And stand immovably firm (Rev 3,12).
Marked with the eternal name of God,
They stretch up to the light,
Bearing the dome
That crowns the holy cathedral,
Your work that encircles the world:
Holy Spirit – God's molding hand!...

Are you the sweet song of love
And of holy awe
That eternally resounds around the triune throne,
That weds in itself the clear chimes of each and every being?
The harmony
That joins together the members to the Head,
In which each one
Finds the mysterious meaning of being blessed
And joyously surges forth,
Freely dissolved in your surging:
Holy Spirit – eternal jubilation!

No comments: